Meet Ben
And so, in just one short day, Veda is gone and Ben is settling in. His owners dropped him off at my house yesterday evening, and after release him to Wilderwood, left me with him and lots of dog things. :D
I should have gone to pick him up from their house, because he was quick stressed, when realizing he was being left. Whereas the last two times I've taken him, he's just been happy to go with me...in fact, when I dropped him back off, he followed me back the car and tried to get in! Oh well. Live and Learn.
But in the meantime, I'm really excited to be able to work with Ben, as I feel differently training him, because I know he doesn't know anything. It just makes me ...feel a little bit free'er to prove myself as a trainer. I'm also extremely glad to have a sturdy Lab in the house again. (Never thought I'd say that!!)
Yesterday I introduced him to "Sit, Down, Wait, Stand" working on him walking on a loose leash all the time, and waiting for food and to go outside.
Today we added Look, Paws, and Off-Leash Recall,(Which he is AMAZING at). I'm also constantly pulling and prodding him all over his body, to make sure we don't have any body sensitivities. Next week we'll start exposing, and I'm looking forward to seeing how he does.
Ben reminds me a lot of Midnight, just that easy going, willing to please, attitude that she had; Already I'm in love with this guy.....Its going to be so hard to give him up as well!!


Comments