Our Weekend

This weekend, gave him the "ultimate" exposure, which in my mind would make or break his career as a service dog. *IN MY MIND ONLY*

Our first item for the day was a Fundraiser in Townsend TN. Normally about an hour or so away from here...well....lets just say I kind of got lost. And didn't arrive until around 10 or so.
Great start to the day I know. We got there and did what we could while we could.

And then headed back east for a friends graduation, which was another hour plus, from where I was located, on top of that I wasn't feeling very well; but pressed on despite.

They were able to meet up with me at an exit, and I followed them the rest of the way. We arrived in plenty of time, and I attempted to get Ben to "Go Potty", granted he doesn't know that command, but I gave him plenty of time to relieve himself...which he didn't.

From that point, I spent my time walking him around, and telling security what he was and what he did. etc...etc.. People really can't read nowadays.

This dog impresses me more, and more the longer I have him, he handled the crowds and screaming like a pro. Didn't bat an eye while kids jumped from bleacher to bleacher open him.
Handled the two year old of one of the families in our group, playing with his ears, tail, hugging him, trying to lead him around, with out a second glance.

He did have some trouble getting comfortable on the hard floor, with very little space to stretch on, and that was stressing him out some; but other than that he did very well.

I am going to have to work on the longevity of his commands, but geez he just started this two weeks ago! I'm not complaining!!!!!
Ben stands in his coat
Ben modeling an Vols Orange and tan Vest from Wilderwood Service Dogs :D
Ben at the Fundraiser
::He likes sitting with his legs crossed, he is at his ultimate comfort level there ;)::
Corbin
10-Month-Old Corbin, is a bouviar
Ben
Ben @the Graduation Photos
Ben @Graduation
Ben chilling on the bleachers
Ben and Fisher
::Ben and his new friend Fisher::
Me and Ben
Ben the two of us need look no more! We've both found what we've were looking for!.....:D

Great Weekend, I'm so proud of him I could bust!!!

Comments

Erin, you are WAY too young to know that song!! "If you'll only look behind and don't like what you find, there's something you should know. You've got a place to go." I used to sing that all the time as a kid, but I'm 44. Go TN Vols! My husband grew up in TN and went to UT Knoxville. Ben is such a handsome doggy. I'm so glad he's doing so well and that you are enjoying him!
Erin and Co. said…
I can't help it! I wanna sing it everytime I say his name! lol.

Popular Posts