Puppy Coat!
We were able to secure a puppy coat Wednesday, and started introducing Ben to the world of service dogs! While I didn't feel he'd have too much of a problem, we started small just to make sure.
Our first stop was the library, when I let him out of the vehicle, I took sometime to let him acclimate himself to the new inviroment; before proceeding inside.
He was all tails up, and raring to go, trying to dive through the door, and sliding on the slick floors. So I took a moment to let him gather himself, and went on in.
Our first stop was the library, when I let him out of the vehicle, I took sometime to let him acclimate himself to the new inviroment; before proceeding inside.
He was all tails up, and raring to go, trying to dive through the door, and sliding on the slick floors. So I took a moment to let him gather himself, and went on in.
From there it he was great; sniffed books, wagged at people, stood by me, did the commands I asked of him, and then pranced on out of there! Our next stop was a dog daycare, where I was meeting one of our fosters and her new puppy. While we trained with her, Ben hung out in one of the cages and watched the proceedings quietly.
Today we went to PetsMart, Shoe Carnival and Old Navy; he did just fine, he's like a new puppy going out into the world, yet.......about 40lbs heavier, so those little tugs to go see things are not too pleasant.
He's had no problems with the floors, fans, moving doors, people, statues, floor textures or smells.....woohoo! I fact while I was looking at some clothes, heres what he did!
::Sorry about the quality, it was on my cell phone::
And to think this dog has never done this before!!

Comments