A Good Report
If I accomplish nothing else during my time with David, I can rest easy knowing that he will easily be able to fit in whatever environment he finds himself in.
One of the question on our tri-monthly puppy evaluations asks "In what areas does your puppy excel?" I'm ashamed to admit, that I had a hard time coming up with an answer to that question. In my defense I think that is a highly unfair question on a 9 month old's eval, as at this point in their lives, the things they excel at aren't exactly.... well guide worthy.
This weekend, I found the answer.
David's report from his sitter(s) this weekend was glowing. I've come to grips with the fact that he is an angel for everyone but me at this point, and honestly I'm fine with that. Sort of like kids, as long as you behave and mind for other people, we can deal with other stuff at home. :)
He was very quiet, despite staying in a kennel, he met horses (QUIETLY), he went to lunch with another dog his first few hours (QUIETLY), he did everything I've been trying to shove into his little brain lo these past four months. The light at the end of the tunnel is growing bigger and bigger!
His sitter was impressed with how quickly he adjusted to being "worked" by someone else, which as I said in my last post, since this is the seventh person whose handled him, I think I can definitely say he excels in that area. :)
I am a happy puppy-mama.
Also? I think I'm going to put in more of an effort to recruit more puppy raisers to our area. Traveling three hours for a sitter isn't much fun.
One of the question on our tri-monthly puppy evaluations asks "In what areas does your puppy excel?" I'm ashamed to admit, that I had a hard time coming up with an answer to that question. In my defense I think that is a highly unfair question on a 9 month old's eval, as at this point in their lives, the things they excel at aren't exactly.... well guide worthy.
This weekend, I found the answer.
David's report from his sitter(s) this weekend was glowing. I've come to grips with the fact that he is an angel for everyone but me at this point, and honestly I'm fine with that. Sort of like kids, as long as you behave and mind for other people, we can deal with other stuff at home. :)
He was very quiet, despite staying in a kennel, he met horses (QUIETLY), he went to lunch with another dog his first few hours (QUIETLY), he did everything I've been trying to shove into his little brain lo these past four months. The light at the end of the tunnel is growing bigger and bigger!
His sitter was impressed with how quickly he adjusted to being "worked" by someone else, which as I said in my last post, since this is the seventh person whose handled him, I think I can definitely say he excels in that area. :)
I am a happy puppy-mama.
Also? I think I'm going to put in more of an effort to recruit more puppy raisers to our area. Traveling three hours for a sitter isn't much fun.


Comments