Access DENIED
In today's "Adventures with Dave" while shopping at a local chain clothing store, I decided to try on some items I had found, and so, like any normal person, made my way to the dressing rooms. Once there I placed my clothes on the rack, and waited for the attendant to give me a number.
"Are you taking him with you?"
The Indian woman manning the area, asks concern on her features.
"Yes he's coming with me"
(No lady, I'm going to leave him with you while I go change ok?)
"Ok I'll have to ask manager k? You stay there."
"He's a service dog in training, its OK he's allowed."
(Not to mention we've been in the store for about 30 minutes now..!?)
"Ok, I just ask manager ok? I need a manager to dressing room, customer wants to bring a dog"
"Service dog!"
....................
"You know its ok I don't have to try these..."
"No! No! You just wait here I get manager ok? People might be scared I just check ok?"
"Well we've been in the store up until this point, he'll be in the dressing room with me.."
"You stay here."
Ook lady! I'm not going anywhere! Goodness.
[5 minutes later]
"What's going on N?"
"She wants to take that dog with her?"
"Yes he's got to stay with me."
"Yeah that's fine!"
[cue happy music - I get a number and we proceed to the dressing room]
At this point, I was really struggling not to laugh, I think she's probably new to the store, and was confident that she was doing the right thing, as she did not seem the least bit chagrined by holding me up. You can come in our store but you MAY NOT use the dressing room!
ROFL.

"Are you taking him with you?"
The Indian woman manning the area, asks concern on her features.
"Yes he's coming with me"
(No lady, I'm going to leave him with you while I go change ok?)
"Ok I'll have to ask manager k? You stay there."
"He's a service dog in training, its OK he's allowed."
(Not to mention we've been in the store for about 30 minutes now..!?)
"Ok, I just ask manager ok? I need a manager to dressing room, customer wants to bring a dog"
"Service dog!"
....................
"You know its ok I don't have to try these..."
"No! No! You just wait here I get manager ok? People might be scared I just check ok?"
"Well we've been in the store up until this point, he'll be in the dressing room with me.."
"You stay here."
Ook lady! I'm not going anywhere! Goodness.
[5 minutes later]
"What's going on N?"
"She wants to take that dog with her?"
"Yes he's got to stay with me."
"Yeah that's fine!"
[cue happy music - I get a number and we proceed to the dressing room]
At this point, I was really struggling not to laugh, I think she's probably new to the store, and was confident that she was doing the right thing, as she did not seem the least bit chagrined by holding me up. You can come in our store but you MAY NOT use the dressing room!
ROFL.



Comments
She could have been operating from a cultural notion....in India, I think that dogs are looked upon far differently than here? I hope that the manager talks to her about Service Dog laws in the states, to avoid future issues.
Your blog is one of the very few I keep coming back to read. I just love visiting here!
As a result I have given you an award on my blog for being in my top 7 favorite blogs.
Please come see it!
http://mycozyshanty.blogspot.com/2012/07/an-award-heads-up.html
Thanks for being a consistent blog author. =)