The Cone of Shame


I'm not one to worry about my dogs when they "go under" as thus far I haven't had any serious complications come from the spay/neuter surgery. And this time was no different. However, as much as I love David's vet I think I will begin searching for a vet closer to home, as a  40 minute drive at 7AM through downtown is NOT fun. :)

We've been home for about an hour and half now and already I've removed the e-collar. I have such a hard time with that thing being on, at least while I'm around. So far he's left it alone, spending more time trying to re-orient himself lol. He's quite out of it, and is cracking me up as he stumbles of his feet. 

Oh and if you're wondering about his hind end, that's just a hot spot. Hopefully by the time he's released back to "Full activity" that will be all healed as well. :)

Current Weight: 50.5lbs
Erin & David

Comments

Erin said…
A 40 minute drive to the vet? Yeesh. Especially that early!


Well wishes for a swift recovery!
Erin said…
Enjoy his "downtime" while you can. He'll be back up and jumping around before long.


Glad to hear all went well.
Erin said…
Yah, but then they come out with an awesome online component, not to mention they are super awesome, which makes it really hard to want to leave. :)
Erin said…
LOL yes it was a couple of hours that we had that "down time". Its so hard to keep him
Erin said…
Awwww-hope you are feeling better! Every dogs gotta wear that thing one time or another!

Popular Posts