Day 2

Forget Pompeii, I am feeling proud of myself, and actually being able to put into practice all the things I've been telling my foster families, this last year. Its really easy to give advice, but harder to put it into practice.
 
In the couple of days I had to get ready, I knew the kitchen was going to be Pompeii's place for the first couple weeks of our lives together, and I'd planned on having the x-pen here by now, so that I wouldn't have to block off my house. Because knowing me I'd take down the gate, forget why I had it up in the first place, and wind up with little puddles all over my carpets (yes we're going out every 20 minutes).

{Pompei sleeps in my kitchen on top of a pink blanket,surrounded by toys, in the distance you}
Another thing I was worried I'd do, is give him too much freedom to fast, but since my dogs are still wary of this thing that looks like a dog, and smells like a dog, but can't walk right, and keeps trying to take their stuff... its just eaiser than constantly getting on them.

BTW- He did scream for an hour or two last night, but slept until one of my dogs decided at 5AM it was time to get up, and than got up with me when I got up at 6:30.
I crated him in my ginormous crate, while I was at work, and had my siblings come and let the dogs out about 3.5 hours into the day.

This has seemed to helped a lot with his squeaking when left alone, he hasn't tried to climb the gate at all since I've been home from work.

I took him out to exercise with the bigger dogs, but it was too cold for him, so he went back into "his room" while Texas, and Victoria ran around and harassed the neighbors. jk.

{Pompeii trying to get on the porch, he has two legs on the porch, with his hind legs standing on the ground.}
After that I spent sometime trying to figure out his potty intervals, i started out at 30 minutes, than bumped it way down to 14.5 minutes (lol), than realized my Waterer was providing toooo much water for him, so I moved that too the bathroom, and left him with about a cup of water available, but we still were doing the 15 minute thing, until dinner time.

I crated him while I was at Church that night, and came back over an hour later to potty him..unfortunate for me, I didn't do that again, and had a fun time clean up the mess that he left...thankfully he was nice enough not to get it on himself.

The rest of the evening has been pretty un-eventful, he's a real cuddley puppy, if I'm in there/near him, he wants to be between my feet. Whether I'm walking/sitting/standing what have you, he has to be touching me in some way.

{Pompei sleep on the halfway inside a wire storage cube, and using bag as a pillow}
I let him explore the house a bit, he immediately dove under my bed....and squeezed himself into any other tight spot he could find himself. I heard him squeaking from the kitchen a while ago, and came in to find he's gotten himself stuck between the bottom of the seat, and the chair supports. He tumbled out quickly, but made sure everyone knew he was in trouble. lol

After getting himself stuck for the third time, I decided his exploration was finished, and put him back in the kitchen, where he curled up and has been sleep ever since.

Thursday-
I was in and out all day, trying to get registered.  My x-pen arrived and I set that up right away. Great purchase if I do say so myself! :) He got a little bit more freedom today, we played outside for about 15-minutes, and than I let him play with Vicki and Texas. Boy does he have some energy!! He and Texas ran laps, through the house. Unfortunatly it decided to snow today, and that is VERY distracting too a small puppy, so once I FINALLY got him to potty, I put him in his pen, for dinner and a nap.


Pompei sleeping inside an octagon shaped x-pen surrounded by toys
{Texas and Pompeii Wrestling on our brown dog bed}

{Texas and Pompei diving under the couch}

I have a bad feeling that Texas and he, are going to be partners in crime, this coming year.

Comments

If you have time and energy to do a lengthy blog with photos, you are doing AWESOMELY well. Pompeii is sooooo cute, top to bottom (which we can see very plainly in your last photo)!
Erin and Co. said…
haha actually I started that post yesterday, and finished it today :)
sounds like Texas has found himself a buddy!
Erin said…
sounds like Texas has found himself a buddy!
Erin said…
If you have time and energy to do a lengthy blog with photos, you are doing AWESOMELY well. Pompeii is sooooo cute, top to bottom (which we can see very plainly in your last photo)!

Popular Posts