Shopping Trips+

Wow, daily postings!

Pompei continues to impress me with his energy level, his acceptance just everything. After my year with Wilderwood, I have missed my solid, unfazed, well bred GDF pups. On Sunday he went on his first outing to my favorite restaurant. Ruby Tuesday's! Since they are located only 3 miles from my house, my service dog trainee's and I have visited their establishment frequently, and they have been very receptive too us. And they were delighted to see Mr.Pompei traipse through the door.

For his first outing, I made sure I was prepared for anything. I always carry clean up supplies such as, paper towels, hand sanitizer, plastic bags, just to name a few.

I also bring along a toy, as puppies this little LOVE to explore their new surroundings with their teeth. Pompei walked in,and immediately started checking out the floor.

We got him to our seat, and I put my coat down, as something familar for him to lay on. He sat down, and watched the people who were cooing at him from another table for a moment; before curling up and sleeping for the rest of the dinner. 

Monday, we introduced several more experiences for him including Choir Practice, a Birthday Party, visiting Wilderwood Service Dog's Kennels, visiting a College Campus twice, and going shopping at Wal-Mart.

You guys know my life is busy. So I've been wondering IF Pompei were to come to work with me, could he handle all the going I have to do..


Today we did some shopping, and he did GREAT in Wal-Mart, for the most part he sat in the shopping cart, and watched the cooing passers by, then he curled up in the dog bed I bought for him, for the car.


{Pompei riding in the shopping cart at Wal-Mart}



After that we went to the school to show them our "Credentials". I try to let him walk as much as possible, inside buildings, as I don't want me carrying him to encourage jumping as he grows....as he's already starting to show those tendencies.

We had to make one more stop, so I decided, (since I only had one thing to pick up), to see how much leash work we could get while we were here. We walked from the front to the middle, than I carried him while I got my item, than we walked to the middle, stopped and sat, than walked to the front, through the check out and outside. He was so good, perkily walking beside me, ...jumping at people walking past....yeah gotta work on that.


Yay Pomps! :)


He's amazed me at the energy he has! He came home from that slept for 30 minutes, and was raring to go for another hour or so! I'm so glad I have other dogs to keep him busy for sure!!

No... I don't think he'll have a problem keeping up with me! :)
*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
Well, our college experience didn't start as soon as I'd originally planned,  mainly because my boss is still undecided about whether Pompei can come or not. I decided NOT to risk having to keep him the car while I worked. But as it turned out its a good thing, as I misjudged how long it
to get out to the campus, and only had enough time to find parking, and dash inside, and the same with the time I had to get to work....

And we all know you just can't "dash" around with a puppy. Speaking of work....

My boss...er ex-boss,(changed supervisors) did call and ask my schedule in regards to having him with me....so I don't know if that's  a step in the right direction or just what that is exactly.

This situation has gone on forever, and I hope they will come to a decision soon.

Comments

Pompeii has THE cutest expressions--his eyes could melt even the coldest heart. Hope everything works out for you at school and work!
Hope the job situation gets worked out soon so you can get your routines in place either way.
Erin said…
Pompeii has THE cutest expressions--his eyes could melt even the coldest heart. Hope everything works out for you at school and work!

Popular Posts