Life Is Good
{A large turquoise blanket draped over my couch, with a white dog wearing sunglasses in the middle, and the workse obedience school drop-out written across behind him.}
Victoria and I were shopping at PetsMart today, and came across this blanket for only $4.99!! We all know how expensive Life is Good stuff is, so you better believe I snatched it up!
I thought it rather fitting for the day's events. I went to Alabama for the New Year Holiday weekend, and left Victoria at the kennels...not permantly as we decided I would keep her until the middle of January...more on that later...
Well today as I was letting my co-workers know about the shift in plans, we started discussing her, her behaviors and how freaked out she got over new situations. They noticed that she didn't have much work ethic, and would not come to my male co-worker at all. He'd have to go pick her up and move her in order to make any progress.
I've noticed and been concerned about this for a while, but for reasons I won't state, I didn't make much of a deal about it. Plus I was a little worried I was being biased and just wanting her to flunk out.
Obviously I wasn't, so we made the decision to move her out of the program. Hence the Obeience school drop out blanket.
Am I sad about her Career Changing?? I hate to say it..but no, not at all. I never saw her as a service dog, and was really upset in my mind, that she could be stuck doing something she really didn't enjoy. She doesn't like riding in the CAR much less going inside places..and the more we've gone the worse its gotten. I hate seeing my dog this upset and truthfully I stopped taking her out as much just because. She had no work ethic, while an extremely well behaved in public, it was just too stressful for her.
I have pretty much decided to keep her, unless 1.)my boss makes me pay for her or 2.) the price is more than i can afford. (Yeah...Just...don't ask) Three dogs will make it a little bit difficult(er) to move into a bigger place...four if you count another service dog..But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Traveling would be another thing...it cost me $107 to board Bubbles & Texas for 4 days this weekend..though I'm sure between my GDF and WSD contacts I could find someone to watch her. Plus who doesn't love Victoria?
Anyway, I have so much going on this week my head hurts, and I really can't think clearly at this moment; I will probably take this weekend to think about it, before making my final decision.
And I still have a big thing going on tomorrow that I will have to update you guys about!!
I am officially crazy.

Comments
As for keeping Victoria, I know it's a hard decision--and one that should be weighed carefully. After all, it's likely a 10-year (give or take) commitment.
Do Bubbles and Texas get along well with her? I hope your boss won't make you pay for her. Guide Dogs for the Blind doesn't make their puppy raisers pay, if that's any leverage to use.
I love the blanket--it's so perfect for Victoria!