Meet Pompei

Meet Pompei, he is my fourth guide dog puppy, that I will be raising for the Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind...He is an 8-week-old, Lab/Golden Mix, who was born on November 5, 2009!

Every month, the all of us puppy raisers get together and meet with our Area Coordinator to make sure we are doing what are supposed to with our puppies.

One of the ladies in our group, drove to Greeneville SC, to meet the puppy van that came all the way from Smithtown NY, where the Guide Dog Foundation is located.

Since they were having a meeting last night, we decided I would just pick him up from there. So my sister and piled into the car and drove to Asheville NC (which is about an 1.5 hours from our home in TN). 
Pompeii is a yellow puppy sleeping on his side, beside a blue,yellow,pink,and purple doll, with different textured hands and feet for chewing


We were excited and arrived about an hour early, and so we had to go find something to do while we waited for my new bundle of fur!


Pompeii laying in front of doll toy,with his nosed mashed against the carpet,smelling the smells that it holds
At 6:00PM, we met at our Area Coordinator's office for the puppy meeting, and our friend pulled up with him in her van. We could hear him squawking even before she got out of the car! I knew then, it was going to be a long noisy night.


We went inside with everyone, but since he was still such a baby, he just hung out with me, and his new toy, while all the bigger dogs did their guide dog training stuff.


Pompeii manages to get his leash tangled around a chair, and is straining against it trying to get free

We arrived back in TN, at around 9:30PM, and introduced him to my two dachshunds, Bubbles & Texas..who weren't too thrilled to see ANOTHER dog come in. Since it was so late I went ahead and put him too bed, hoping that he'd be through crying by the time I was ready.

He screamed for about an hour, before deciding he was too tired, to do that anymore; and thankfully slept for the rest of the night.

I cannot wait to watch him grow over this next year!

Comments

Popular Posts