Day 3

He is already starting to learn that his crate means to be quiet and sleep, and only cried for about five minutes last night, before realizing that he was too tired to complain too much, and slept until about 4AM.
We let him explore the house a little today, and he's immediately shoved himself into whatever small space he could fit himself into, and it wasn't long before he was testing his teeth out on whatever he could, so he was back into his playpen pretty quickly.
We explored the yard a little bit, he tries to keep up with my other dogs, and can't so he contents himself with sitting at/on my feet.
Since he's only been here for three days, we are only working on two commands, and those are his name, and teaching him to use the bathroom, right when I tell him.
The easiest way to teach him to use the bathroom when i tell him, is to wait until he has too go, since he has a super tiny bladder, i know its going to be every 20-30 minutes.
So I'll set a timer, to remind me to take him outside, and we'll put on his leash, and I'll carry him outside the concrete area of my driveway. I'll tell him to "Go Busy" a little bit, even though I know he doesn't know it, and when he does potty, we'll through a little party, and get really excited and happy, which makes them happy as well.
I do this so that he will learn to go "Busy" wherever we happen to be, and because his blind person won't be able to find a grassy spot especially if they live in the city, and don't have a yard!
His name is important because, one its his identity, and two; since I have three other dogs living with me, it makes sure he knows who I am talking to. We always make sure we are going to say something positive when we say his name, that way he won't think something bad's about to happen when hearing his name.
Already he is catching on quickly. :-)

Comments